.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Knife Sharpening Tools




Remember the different tools for different jobs applies to sharpeners as well. The Spyderco Sharpmaker does well with the knife you mentioned (and many others) if you keep it clean per the instructions that come with it.
The Sharpmaker is easy to use and will give you a vey sharp blade (better than new by a good margin) with little effort or time learning how to use it.
That being said if I could only have one sharpener (Not ever going to happen as I like sharp things way too much) it would be a fine grade diamond (I carry a credit card sized one in my wallet) stone since I can do many things with that very small package.
SD

Hey SD,
I like to keep it simple too. I don’t have experience with the Spyderco Sharpmaker but the Amazon reviews are excellent. These days I mostly use a Falkniven DC4 Stone and a Victorinox Sharpener.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090R4WBC?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B0090R4WBC&linkCode=xm2&tag=surviinargen-20



The Falkniven DC4 stone works well, its compact enough and does nicely for quickly sharpening my knives. The Victorinox pen is good too, but it’s a bit harder to keep a good angle. The “V” ceramic tip of the pen works very nicely for quickly sharpening small pocket knives.
I don’t have experience with the Edge Pro Apex and the Lanski System but these are supposed to be the best ones available. They have a system by which the blade is kept in position and the stones move along a rod, keeping the desired angle for you.
 Edge Pro Apex 4 Knife Sharpener



These sharpeners aren’t cheap but the results should be as close to perfect as you can get and would make the job a lot easier for those that aren’t good at sharpening with regular stones.
FerFAL

No comments: